Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bucket List: Top 100 Books

One of the things on my bucket list was to read the top 100 books of all time (once I'm done I might shoot for the 1,000 list). There are a lot of lists out there around the internet but I narrowed it down to two different lists that don't have a lot of the same books. The TIME Entertainment Magazines top 100 and theguardian's top 100 books of all time. The TIME list is a little limited since they restrict the books that have been written since the magazine first started publishing and theguardian's list include many true 'classics' such as Gilgamesh and The Ilaid which were written long before the printing press was invented. All around I think the two lists give a well rounded list of books.

Here are the books that I have read so far.


TIME Entertainment Magazine's Top 100 Books



Vanessa's bookshelf: time-mag-top-100

To Kill a Mockingbird
4 of 5 stars true
tagged: historical-fiction and time-mag-top-100
Gone with the Wind
5 of 5 stars true
tagged: historical-fiction, all-time-fav-books, and time-mag-top-100

goodreads.com




theguardian's Top 100 Books of All Time



No comments:

Post a Comment