Sunday, November 18, 2012

Bucket List: California Adventure Park

If you haven't been to California Adventure Park in a few years then you're way over due for a visit. Last time I went was roughly over 3 years ago and boy has it changed for the better. This park is by far better maintained and organized than Disneyland park.


Line cutters are quickly confronted and asked to either go to the back of the time or leave. There was also an incident where a grown man tried to steal my son's cars mouse ears hat and security quickly confronted the man completely preventing any kind of altercation.



While I can understand people have bad days but the people at Disneyland park (especially at night) seemed impatient. There was no sign of that at the California Park. Employees were quick to answer questions, pleasant, funny, and did well when talking to my shy kids. 


 One quick tip, however, is to make Car's Land your first stop. The Radiator Springs Racers line will only get worse as the day goes by and will not let up when the fireworks and parade starts. Also if you're looking to get a fast pass, don't. Fast passes get sold out with in the first 1-2 hours of opening. Plus you'll still end up in a long line waiting at least 45 minutes later in the day during your 'scheduled time'. Your best bet is to get to the park as early as you can and head straight to the ride's line. If you make it between 9am - 9:30am you'll get an about a 90 minute wait. Before 9 am it can vary between 30-90 minutes. Anything after 10 am is 2 hour or more wait. But let me tell you it is worth it! Remember to bring your camera since there are plenty of picture opportunities while waiting in line. There are also employees selling drinks and candy all through out the line so make sure you have some cash on hand.






Also, especially if you have teenagers check out the Mad Hatter's T Party. I have younger kids and they loved it but the music was night club music loud and I worried about my toddler's ears. The hubby and I definitely plan to go back with out the kids one day. While it is 'kid friendly' it's obviously more for adults.



One think that disappointed me was the lack of characters. It was way more than Disneyland Park but I guess I got spoiled as child when it was common to see them all over the park un-guarded.



Another thing that upset me was the serving of alcoholic drinks, especially at the Monterey Fisherman's Wharf area. I just thought that was inappropriate and I did actually see a teenage girl sneak a swig of her mother's Margareta. Stuff like that is unavoidable and that's why I just personally think it should not be there at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment