Saturday, January 21, 2012

52 week challenge: Week 4 - Freezer

Enter week 4 of my 52 week challenge!

So if you have read the post on my refrigerator you have a good idea of what my freezer would look like. Ya, I'm not even going to deny it.


So here are my cleaning tips on cleaning a freezer. I know I'm so friggen awesome!

*Tips* How to clean your freezer!

Most newer refrigerator/freezer combos do not need to defrost but if yours does plan and give yourself plenty of time.

Remove all the food and toss out anything that has been in there longer than a few months. Even in the freezer food can lose flavor and get freezer burn. Use your best judgement on this.

Place all the good food in either the refrigerator or a cooler.

Bring up the temperature for the freezer or unplug it if you don't have that option. If it needs to defrost then your better off turning it off and wait for the built up ice to melt.

Start off my cleaning the drawers in the sink with warm water and dish soap. Even if you have a freezer that doesn't need to defrost I recommend to clean the drawers first and allow the freezer to defrost because sponges and cloth with stick the frost on the walls.

Wipe down the walls with a cleaning solution then wipe down with a dry paper towel to dry.

Make sure that the drawers are dry before putting them back to prevent frost built up.

Once you're done set the temperature back. Keep in mind that the colder the food the longer it will keep. According to refrigeration-repair-tips.com, set it to 0F.

No comments:

Post a Comment